Labels

Monday, April 4, 2016

Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara Review

This Mascara was advertised a lot here in the Philippines and there were a lot of good reviews about this product. I got myself one and tried it out myself.


PACKAGING:

  • It comes in a super girly black tube with pink prints. 
  • It also has a curved wand that is supposed to follow the curve of your eyes making the application easier(?). I personally don't like the wand because it is really big and the brush did nothing to separate my lashes.



Curved wand with compact bristles 


FORMULA:

  • The formula is wet and dries fast. It doesn't take too long for the product to dry. 
  • It looks very natural when you put one coat of the product. 
  • Perfect for everyday use. 
  • The formula holds curls better. 
  • Does not curl your lashes. you should curl your lashes first with an eyelash curler.

Before (Curled lashes)
Photo with Flash
After ONE coat of mascara (Left)
It is very natural. It just made my lashes look fuller
After TWO Coats of mascara (Left)
It still looks natural and there are no clumps but, my lashes are sticking to each other.
After THREE coats of mascara (Left)
It looks a little clumpy.  The brush did nothing to separate my lashes.

After FOUR coats of mascara (Left)
It is super clumpy. I got spidery lashes but, it still holds up well after several layers of mascara.


AFTER 7 HOURS...

This is one layer of mascara worn for 7 hours. There is very little to none smudging around the eyes up close. My eyelashes are still holding up the curl.

WATERPROOF:

  • I tried washing my face with the mascara on and it did not smudge or dissolve. It is waterproof.

PANDA EYES TEST:

Removing the mascara was easy. The product was easily dissolved. I was scared that some residue of black will stay on my eyes but,  after using my Nichido Makeup remover, there were no mascara traces left. Yey  to no panda eyes. haha


FINAL VERDICT:

This is not a mascara that will curl your lashes all by itself. If you have straight eyelashes like me, you need to curl it first before putting on mascara.

I like how my lashes held the curl throughout the day. Other brands weigh down my eyelashes causing it to be straight.

This is a good mascara for everyday use because it removes easily and looks very natural. 

Overall, I rate this product 4 out of  5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Or just say "Hi" ! :D