Labels

Monday, September 26, 2016

EB Advance Liquid Concealer Review

Although I have my trusty San-San HD Concealer (Review here) for covering skin imperfections, this concealer cakes up whenever I oil up around the nose area.. So, I wanted to find a concealer that has a good coverage but will not cake up. 

I read that liquid concealers are the best products to use to avoid cakiness because it has a very light formulation. So, when Ever Bilena  released its new liquid concealer, I just had to try it out to see if it will work for me (And because, it is cheaper than other brands. hahaha)



PRICE:

I bought this for 140 pesos at Watsons. This is widely available at any Ever Bilena Stall. 


PACKAGING:

This comes in a typical plastic tube with a doe foot applicator.

FORMULA:

It has two shades; Light and Medium.Both of the shades have a beige to yellow undertone that is perfect for Most Filipinas. I got the 'light' shade to match my skin. 

It is very liquidy and very easy to blend. Since it is a liquid concealer, It makes it easier to blend compared to cream and stick concealers.

It has no scent. This doesn't have a strong cosmetic scent.

It has light coverage. It can minimize dark under eye circles but it won't fully cover it. It can cover my veins and minor discolorations around my face well. It won't cover dark pimple marks and acne scars

It has a dewy finish. This concealer needs to be set with powder so that it won't settle into fine lines.


PERFORMANCE:



This concealer has a light coverage. It can only cover very minimal undereye circles and redness around the face. 

Photo under artificial light
One layer of Concealer (left)

Photo under artificial light
Two layers of concealer (Left)

Photo with flash
Set with powder.
As you can see, The concealer has no weird cast on flash photography. It looks natural. The shade is a match for my skin tone so it won't give me a very highlighted look. It did brighten my under eye area a little bit but did not fully conceal it..

Photo under natural light
This is a proper representation of the coverage of the product. It is minimized my dark circles but did not fully cover it. It also has a tendency to settle into fine lines so after blending it, you should set it directly with powder.



Close up after setting with powder
If not set with powder properly, the product will settle into fine lines as what you can see in the photo above. It also has a tendency to crease.



LONGEVITY:


It has a tendency to crease

After 4 hours
The concealer around the nose is still there. It held up well with a bit of caking

Sadly, This only lasted for two hours maximum on my undereyes. After two hours, I can see my undereye circles under natural light. It is really weird because, i can still see the concealer on my undereyes but it looks dark/ grayish.

As a concealer for veins and spots, it is still there.


FINAL VERDICT:

I really had high hopes for this concealer because, it is from Ever Bilena. Sadly, I don't like it at all for my under eyes. This is good for a natural coverage around the face but, is not recommended for under eye circles.

For under eye coverage and brightening. NO!
For Major spots and dark blemishes. NO!
For concealing Minor redness and discolorations. YES!

My search goes on in finding a quality yet affordable liquid concealer. As for now, I am sticking with my San -San HD Concealer for my under eye circles and use this as a concealer on my skin redness and discolorations.

Overall I give this 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Or just say "Hi" ! :D